What are the 7 key characteristics of a child of God? Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility, Discipline, Spiritual Growth, and more. From the book, “Follow The Jesus Way” by Luis Joseph Castle. Visit our website for more encouraging messages: http://www.4JesusOutreach.com
- HONESTY – Your word should be fact. Tell the truth even when it hurts.
“People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.” – Proverbs 28:13
- INTEGRITY – Live your values. Whether no one knows or everyone is watching. Do everything unto the LORD.
“Whatever you find to do with your hands, do it with all your might.” – Ecclesiastes 9:10
- RESPONSIBILITY – Deliver on commitments at the expense of leisure or fun.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” – Colossians 3:23
- DISCIPLINE – Do not be dissuaded by critics or opposition. Strive to master the art of spirit over flesh.
“Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” – 1 Corinthians 9:26-27
- GROWTH – Attend to your weaknesses and learn from your mistakes.
““I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5
- COURAGE – Face challenges with purpose. Fear God only.
“When I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. ” – Psalms 56:3
- GRATITUDE – Count your blessings and in everything give God thanks.
“Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.” – James 1:17
- Luis Joseph Castle
4JESUS OUTREACH MINISTRIES